squares 1~5

squares 1~5

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

The masterpieces like Harunobu‘s [Momiji-mai] have ingenious compositional devices 1 circle model

 

Harunobu [Momijimai]

There is an expression that "music is designed on the score".

Masterpieces of plastic art are also designed.

This time, I will analyze the structure of Harunobu's "Autumn leaves dance".

As many as 57 painters are listed in the volume [Ukiyo-e Retsuden], series of biographies.

As I look through the pages dozens of times, I can find works that are clearly interesting.

I can sort masterpieces easily by taste judgment.

It seems for me that all the masterpieces have interesting structure.

The structure creates the sense of balance.

Firstly I make circle model.

Harunobu [Momijimai] circle model

The umbrellas are not depicted but designed with circles of different size.

With additional circles of different size, the figure is designed.

Four different-sized circles are passing the center of the picture: dark red, pink, green, blue.

I already found the pictures with the same device.

Hokusai [Osiokurihatousennozu] circle model

The intersection of the four circles is expressed with black cross, which locates on the left side of the high wave.

Sharaku(Hokusai) [Raiden Kachoyama]

There is an intersection around the belt of the sumo-wrestler on the left 

By the way this model making made me convince that Sharaku is Hokusai.


No comments:

Post a Comment